The Cavern Club is a nightclub located in 10 Mathew Street, Liverpool, England. it was opened on the 16th January, 1957 as a jazz club, then it later become a centre of the rock and roll scene in Liverpool in the early 1960s. The club became closely linked with the Merseybeat music genre and well known regularly played host to The Beatles in their early years 1960.
The Cavern Club was shut down and opened in a new site on March 1973 and was filled in during construction work on the Merseyrail underground rail loop. it was later excavated and reopened on 26 April 1984. Over the years, the Cavern Club has seen its ups and downs but it’ll always be seen in Liverpool as a Holy Land, the place that aided Liverpool turned into the music city.